Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Binge Eating And Compulsive Overeating

EHF

Difference Between Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating: The Overeating disorders (Including Compulsive Overeating, and Binge Eating) are where my downfall resides. I can talk with clinical objectivity about Anorexia and Bulimia because I don't suffer from them. I can't be objective when it comes to overeating because I suffer here, and have failed to get it completely under control. Even Diabetes didn't stop me...I just decreased by 60 pounds what my acceptable overweight condition would be and then, when I dropped below it by a substantial amount, would overeat until I got to that weight again. This disorder is an obsession with overeating. Typically, we either chronically overeat or periodically binge from some emotional trigger. The chronic overeating is an addiction (compulsion) to food, like any other addiction.

Read The Article
**********************************************
Do you think that hearing from ED survivors can help those who are currently suffering from an ED?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one helpful post! You know, I've been a binge eating sufferer for many years. In my experience, I overeat because I guess I have so many insecurities within myself. It’s just that during my younger years, I wanted to be thin like other girls in school or it’s because I’m so stressed out, lonely or frustrated that I binge on food. So, my emotions really triggered my B.E.D. I simply can’t control my food consumption whenever I’m down or depressed. Food is my ultimate comfort and companion!

    It’s with this experience that I want to help others with this kind of disorder, too. I must say that I have overcome it with the help of my family, friends, and therapist as well as through online and book research. Now, it’s my turn to share things that helped me survived this condition.

    ReplyDelete